Tattoo Tea Party Artshow


The latest Against the Grain Artshow took us to Tattoo Tea Party at Event City, Manchester this March, and what an amazing show it was! I'm proud to say it was my biggest curatorial project to date, too!   

Thank you to Neil for inviting us to be a part of his incredible show, thanks to all the artists who were a part of this Against the Grain show, and thank you also, to everyone who came to see the artwork we had on display.

Here are a few photos, for those of you who couldn't attend. We had a great weekend in what was my biggest exhibition to date! And better still, this event was baby Corban's first arty adventure! It was such a rewarding challenge to be able to successfully curate this show with a 7 week old baby in my arms and post-pregnancy hormones aplenty! So thank you, everyone!

























Please don't forget to visit the web pages of the amazing artists we had involved at the Against the Grain! Follow the links to the right.

As an extension to the Against the Grain show, we have some exciting new work to talk about. I'd like to share a couple of artists in particular;

Sculptor Chris Peacock, showcased some of his new work at Tea Party. The phatcap seat, which is coming soon and will be available to purchase both in customisable form, and as limited edition collaborations. Watch this space.

Another artist worth a check is Rebeeca Reed; who is always working on new arty projects, give her a follow on Instagram.



Both Chris, and Rebecca will have work at Cardiff Toy and Tattoo convention in September.

I'd also like to recommend, Alex Spencer, who is another artist always working on new pieces. 

I am excited to be a part of Alex's next exhibition, Old Bones Emporium, which will be at Howe Street, Edinburgh June 6-12th. Corban's first trip to Scotland! I am working on some new small-scale mixed-media pieces for this show and I'm excited to get back into my art after giving birth. 

Please keep an eye on my big cartel for new works available for purchase, and treat yourself to some artwork! Any parents out there will appreciate that every little helps so thank you in advance for any purchases! Commissions welcomed, too!

I will be uploading sale originals, like this red fox, when I get the chance so please keep checking. 


Oh, and I'd like to introduce baby Corban, who is now 10 weeks old!



Thanks for reading – talk to you all soon! Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment